The top 10 marketing tips for dentists and dental hygienists seems pretty simple until you realize there are tons of options to market your practice.
Have no fear! I will summarize the top 10 marketing tips that will not cost you a fortune.
1. Facebook Ads
Facebook has over 3 billion users so this makes it the logical place to start in our top 10 marketing tips.
It can be used to raise awareness of your practice or lead generations or direct sales on your website and everything in between.
The only caveat is you have to have enough advertising dollars to really jump start the process and bring in potential customers.
2. Leverage email marketing
Email newsletters that solve your audiences’ problems will make you their go-to company. You build trust and meaningful relationships with your audience.
Use marketing automation tools such as Omnisend to streamline your email marketing campaigns and improve your email marketing ROI.
The tool allows you to create automation workflows, generate actionable reports, and audience segmentation features, etc.
They also have professional-looking newsletter templates so you won’t have to create your email messages from scratch.
There are over 5.6 billion Google searches that occur per day. People all over the world turn to Google when they need information.
When they make an organic search query that relates to your product or service, you want to make sure you appear in the search results.
A quick cost-effective way to meet that goal is to perform pay-per-click advertising. This is when you pay Google to appear in the top spaces for any given search query.
Google ads ensure your website appears for relevant search queries with high intent.
If you own a pet grooming business, and someone searches “pet grooming near me” in your area, you’d want your website to be the first result they see and click on.
Google advertising, or PPC, can achieve that for you faster than any other method.
4. Run social media ads
Diversifying your paid ad strategies through social media ads allows you to augment your integrated marketing strategies, boost your engagement, widen your reach, drive more traffic to your website, and increase your sales.
Make the most out of your campaigns by considering these social media marketing tips:
Determine your campaign goals. Whether you want to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or generate leads, setting clear objectives helps your team zero in on what’s important for the company. This prevents them from doing other things that are mere distractions.
- Identify your target audience. Building buyer personas helps you understand your customers’ pain points and create targeted messaging and marketing strategies for your social media campaigns.
5. Segment your retargeting audience
Retargeting is when you put your brand in front of an audience that has already seen and this why it is nubmer 5 on our top 10 marketing tips.
On average, people need to see content from you at least 7 times before taking a desired action.
Most business owners know to retarget their website traffic to bring them back to the site to convert.
But most stop there. It’s important to take it a step further and segment your retargeting audiences.
People that have seen an ad from you once may not even remember you.
They should receive different retargeting ads than people who have been to your website on a regular basis and added to cart.
Instead of creating 1 or 2 retargeting ads to send to everyone, create specific retargeting ads to meet people where they’re at in your sales funnel.
Retargeting ads for your earned media engagement vs your website traffic vs your add to carts vs your existing customers should all look different.
6. Offer webinars
Webinars help you connect, interact, and deliver valuable content to your audience in real time, making it an excellent addition to your marketing campaigns.
Webinars are often used for product demonstrations, sharing valuable tips and insights, consultations, etc.
Consider these tips when coming up with webinar topics:
- Check your FAQ pages (and your competitors’) for questions that your customers want answered.
- Go through your blogroll and look for posts with the most engagement. These engagements serve as social validation that your audience is interested in the topic.
- Ask your target audience directly by running surveys and polls. Get their feedback on the things that they want to learn about. If you’re a marketing agency, ask if they’d like to learn about marketing terms, strategies, how to price a product, etc. Their feedback will give you a better perspective of what topics are important to them.
7. Run PPC campaigns
Using pay-per-click (PPC) marketing is one of the fastest ways to drive traffic to your website and increase your brand awareness.
Even if your small business is newly established and you have zero followers or email subscribers, you can still reach thousands by running PPC ads.
To get better results out of your PPC campaigns, consider these marketing ideas for your ads:
- Know what keywords your competitors use. Do your own keyword research, but it doesn’t hurt to check the keywords your competitors are bidding for and build your ad strategy from there.
- Run split tests. Create two variations of your ad campaigns and monitor which gets better results. Then optimize your ad spend on the winner.
- Use retargeting. Instead of targeting new groups of people, run your ads to those you’ve targeted in the past. Zero in on people who commented on your ads, added your products to their virtual carts, or watched your video ads, etc. These people have a higher likelihood of clicking your ads.
8. Integrate marketing analytics to your strategies
Digital marketing analytics helps you assess, analyze, and measure the performance of your campaigns and other marketing efforts.
It gives you actionable insights about your campaigns, helping you improve your marketing strategies and make better business decisions.
Follow these tips for integrating analytics into your marketing strategy:
- Learn your audiences’ behavior. Monitoring how your customers interact with your brand will help you refine your strategies and marketing plan for better conversions.
- Track lead sources and revenue. Knowing where you’re succeeding in generating leads and earning revenue in your marketing efforts lets you identify campaigns that you should sustain, remove, or improve to get maximum results.
9. Add SMS marketing to your email campaign
Number 9 on our top 10 marketing tips is SMS marketing.
SMS marketing is very similar to email marketing, except you’re sending messages via text message on a mobile device instead of email.
It’s becoming increasingly normal for businesses to ask customers for both their email and phone number on their website pop-ups.
Customers are usually willing to submit both in order to get a lead magnet such as a 10% discount.
SMS mobile marketing has become extremely commonplace with eCommerce stores in particular.
This is because marketing text messages are a great way to follow up on abandoned carts.
People check their text messages more often than their email, so the same strategies that work together for email marketing often work best for SMS marketing too.
You just follow a shortened and simplified version.
10. Offer a free lead magnet
Lastly on our top 10 marketing tips is, Lead magnets to help you capture your target market’s contact information.
A lead magnet is something you give your audience for free in exchange for their name, email address, and any other information you want.
The most common lead magnet out there is a discount code. A pop-up appears on your site offering 10% off in exchange for name and email.
But that isn’t the only kind of lead magnet there is to offer. You can also offer free ebooks, ultimate guides, PDFs, consultations, budget calculators, and more.
You want to ensure the lead magnet you offer is something your audience cares about while remaining related to your business.
Contact us today to implement these top 10 marketing tips.